Catalog training resources, capture training history, schedule classes, manage training plans, online training request/approval, more!
TrackStar's Learning Management System (LMS) is a comprehensive and affordable system for managing and tracking employee training. Using TrackStar, recording training history is fast, easy and accurate. The system is 100% web based, and can be deployed as an in-house solution, or hosted by Internal Systems. Either way, all you need is a browser to run the software!
Tools are provided to allow loading of standardized training materials. This would include things like Internal Courses, External Courses, Books, Web Sites, Online Courses, etc. Each Training Material includes information such as course description, vendors, costs, and other useful information. Employees can review materials available, and make requests (discussed below). The true power of the training repository comes when the Learning Management module is licensed with ISC's Skills Tracking module. These modules complement and embellish the functionality of the other. For example, when using the Skills Tracking module, employees who need skills development may easily locate available training materials relevant to a selected skill.
Training coordinators use the system to create classes. They establish class schedules and locations, and set the class availability. Once classes have been created, employees can enroll using a tool provided. When classes are complete, the instructor can mark the course complete, identify students who completed it, and enter scores. The completion process also makes training history entries for employees who attend.
Employees will use the Learning Management System to record training events, including classes taken, online courses completed, books read, etc. Employees describe the event, enter grades, and can even upload evidence of completion such as certificates, diplomas, or course transcripts. When training events are entered, they are sent to a manager for review and verification. Managers mark events as being verified, and describe the method used. This completes a trusted data repository of training history for your employees that you will use for searches and reports.
The Learning Management System also includes a Training Request tool. Employees can submit training requests online, for approval by managers. Training coordinators can review the list of approved requests, and develop training plans to accommodate requests of employees.
TrackStar Learning Management System can be used as a stand-alone solution, or integrated into a more robust Skills/LMS Tracking system. ISC makes it easy to add additional modules or users later. A link at the bottom of this page will take you to other product description pages.
The sections that follow describe features of TrackStar Learning Management Software, and show sample screens to help you understand its' capabilities.
- Getting Started
- Creating Training Materials
- Relating Training to Skills
- Creating Classes
- Marking Classes Complete
- Entering Personal Training
- Reviewing Scheduled Classes
- Viewing Class Details
- Requesting Training
- Approving Training Requests
- Verifying Training Events
- Viewing Training Evidence
- Email Notifications
- Reporting - Training Request
- Reporting - Employee Training
- Administration Tools
- Outstanding Support
- Learning Management Software Attributes
- Learning Management Software Features
- Features Common to all TrackStar Modules
- Learning Management System Pricing
- Next Steps
You access TrackStar by clicking on a browser link. The system provides multiple levels of security and encryption, so your data is safe and secure.
Each employee logs on to TrackStar using their unique ID and password. Once signed on, a menu system is presented that reflects the capabilities that have been granted each user. Though simple to use, multiple levels of help are provided to assist users if needed.
Creating Training Materials
Every organization has training materials that are unique to its business. TrackStar provides a maintenance tool that facilitates import, entry and editing of the training materials database. You define each material, and then optionally enter a description, specify the type, identify vendors, etc. The learning management system includes tools to define types, like "External Course" or "Self Paced Study", which are used to categorize the training database.
Relating Training to Skills
When licensed with the Skills Tracking module, you can relate training materials to skills. For example, you might have a training resource that is applicable to a skill, such as Microsoft Excel. You could relate skills to this training material, so employees will see training available when they need to improve on a selected skill.
A tool is provided to create classes in TrackStar. You use a wizard interface to collect information about the class, including description, dates and locations, instructors, etc.
You can also use the tool to enroll employees who have previously requested the class, or to enroll other employees who have not.
A notification option will send email messages to employees notifying them that a class has been scheduled, and a notification of enrollment when appropriate.
Marking Classes Complete
Once a class has been completed, the instructor can complete the process. They mark students that attended, and can indicate a score if desired.
The completion process automatically makes an entry in the employee training history.
Entering Personal Training
Cataloging employee training is done by employees and managers. Employees enter their training history by specifying the training dates, types, scores, etc.
Employees can also upload evidence of completion, such as certificates, diplomas, transcripts, etc. This evidence can be reviewed as needed when verifying training completion.
Reviewing Scheduled Classes
The Class Schedule tool is usually made available to all employees. They can review scheduled classes, view their description (shown below), and enroll or remove themselves from classes.
When classes are created, they are marked as public (available to everyone), as requiring approval, or by invitation only.
A calendar view (not shown) is also available that displays scheduled training classes in a calendar format.
Viewing Class Details
Clicking the ? icon from the class schedule tool will display details about the class. It will show a description, who the instructor(s) are, and list class dates and locations. Also, it shows a list of students that are enrolled.
A Training Wizard is provided to make it easy to request training. Employees enter requests, and can specify standard or non-standard training. A reason is provided to assist managers in evaluating the request. Additional wizard steps collect other information, including date required by, preferred vendor, etc.
When a training request is completed, the request is saved. An email is sent to the employee's manager indicating that a request has been made and that an approval needs to be made.
Approving Training Requests
Managers are automatically notified through email when Training Requests are submitted. They log on to TrackStar, and review the request information. They either approve or reject the request, and enter any relevant comments.
Once a request has been approved, training coordinators can review approved requests to create classes or arrange for outside training when required.
Verifying Training Events
Managers review and verify employee training history. When a Training Event is entered by employees, it my optionally be verified by the manager. Verification could be reviewing transcripts, viewing test scores, etc. Once done, the manager can mark the item as verified and include comments as to what method was used. This gives you a trusted repository of training history.
Viewing Training Evidence
Employees and managers can store training evidence in the repository, such as certificates, transcripts, etc. This provides visual evidence of completion.
TrackStar integrates with your existing email system to keep managers and employees informed. Whenever approvals are pending, managers receive email messages indicating there are requests for them to review. This feature keeps managers aware of requests needing their attention, and helps keep data up to date and accurate.
Employees are also notified when their training requests have been approved as well as when they are enrolled in classes.
Reporting - Training Request
Numerous reports are included in the Training Tracking software to analyze and use training information. All reports are exportable to Excel, where they can be further manipulated, distributed, or archived. Reports can also be scheduled to run on planned intervals, and are delivered via email to specified recipients.
This report shows training requests which you can filter by date and status.
Reporting - Employee Training
This report shows the Training History for one or more employees. It can be filtered by employee, department, and other keys.
TrackStar includes a robust set of administration tools to help you configure and tailor the system. You use the admin tools to load and maintain employee, department, training, and various other data tables in the system. It also includes a scheduling tool that used to generate background jobs or tasks, used for data extracts and reports.
Define your company's organizational structure.
Enter and maintain the employees who use the software.
|Group Maintenance||Create groups of departments for approvals and reporting.|
Create custom reports.
Setup jobs to run at preset intervals.
|Security Maintenance||Define employee access to system functions.|
System Preferences Maintenance
Setup operational preferences.
User Field Maintenance
Define custom fields to extend TrackStar.
User Code Maintenance
Enter coded fields for choice lists.
ISC provides world-class support for its software. When you have a question or problem, our staff provides the answers you need, when you need them.
For ASP customers, the support fees are built-in to the monthly fee. This includes updates, phone support, and periodic enhancements. For in-house customers, our support plan is required in the first year and optional thereafter.
|ASP Support - Included with ASP plan.|
|Annual Support - Offered to in-house customers.|
|Per-Incident Support - Provides support on a per-call basis.|
|Training Services - Administrative training for TrackStar.|
Learning Management Software Attributes
- 100% web based software.
- Available as an in-house solution or as a hosted (SaaS) service.
- Scalable from a few users to thousands of users.
- Highly customizable through preference settings.
- Point-and-click interface makes learning easy.
- Comprehensive, affordable solution.
- Simple implementation, virtually maintenance free.
Learning Management Software Features
- Provides a facility for entering and maintaining your training materials
- Provides tools for creating and reviewing classes, and supports employee enrollment.
- Supports entry of training history by employees.
- Supports entry of training plans by employees and or managers.
- View or notify of required training based on repeat frequencies.
- Provides managers with approval capabilities.
- Provides tool for requesting training online.
- Supports user defined types and categories.
- Provides numerous built-in reports, and includes a report writer used to generate your own custom reports.
- Provides a full suite of administration tools for system setup and ongoing maintenance.
- Interfaces with your email system to notify managers and employees of requests and approvals.
- Interfaces with outlook calendar for class enrollment.
Features Common to all TrackStar Modules
- Ability to automatically synchronize employee information with external systems.
- Ability to link to Active Directory for single logon (Hosted & In-house).
- Supports multiple cultures.
- Supports multiple web browsers.
- TrackStar is built using the latest Microsoft .Net technology. For in-house installs, it requires a Windows based server, with IIS and SQL Server. For ASP installs, the only thing required is a browser!
- 100% web based. Nothing to install or purchase. Just load and go!
- Saves money by automating manual process.
- Improves accuracy and timeliness of customer billing.
- Saves money by implementing your business rules to ensure your policies are adhered to.
- Learning Management System ASP is installed in ISC's datacenter. You simply access the system from your browser, using a URL that has been registered for you. You pay a monthly ASP fee that includes support.
- Learning Management Systems In-House is installed in your offices. You pay a one-time license fee, plus an annual maintenance fee (required in the first year, optional thereafter).
Learning Management System Pricing
TrackStar Learning Management System is priced on a per Active user basis. An active user is one who has been entered in to the application and has the ability to log on. Employees who terminate are marked inactive, and no longer consume one of your licenses.
A small number of administrative licenses are needed to perform setup and maintenance. Admin licenses are priced separately from LMS licenses.
|>1000||2||Please call!||Please Call!|
Pricing based on 12 month committment term. Setup fees start at $250. Multiple training options are also provided.
In-house price includes first year annual support.
- Fill out an information request form by following the Request Information link. A sales representative will contact you and can provide additional information, and pricing specific to your configuration.
- Request a demonstration so you can experience TrackStar first hand. ISC will guide you through the system, and point out its features and capabilities.
- Confirm configuration, pricing and obtain approvals.
- Review and execute our standard ASP or License agreement.
- Begin using TrackStar!
Learn about ISC
Learn about other ISC Products
Visit ISC's home page
ISC makes getting started fast and easy. A complete planning guide is provided to assist you with your data collection and policy definition tasks. Once information has been gathered, you use the administration functions of TrackStar to enter/import data. Excel templates are provided to help you organize your data and to simplify import. You can be up-and-running in a few days!